Friday, September 21, 2012

Homemade Chai Tea

Alphonse Mucha
Now that the weather has turned cooler, I find myself visiting the coffee pot a lot more frequently.  I barely get through the morning's housework before the thoughts of a warm cup, a good book and a wool blanket fill my head.  Here's a recipe I found several years ago to add a little spice to your afternoon coffee break.

Chai Tea

1 cup powdered dry milk
1 cup powdered creamer
1 cup French Vanilla powdered creamer
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 teas. ginger & cinnamon
1 teas. cloves & nutmeg

Mix well and store in airtight container.  It's just that simple.  And is the perfect pick-me-up when paired with gingerbread or molasses cookies.  Let go of the guilt; the laundry can wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment