Friday, October 26, 2012

Healthy Halloween Snacks

Just a quick post on our little kitchen project from last night.  My daughter and I put together two healthy snacks for her Halloween Party at school today.  Her teacher requested no sweets so I spent some time online looking for ideas that could (1) handle the bus ride to school in the morning, (2) be easily passed out to 23 children, and (3) didn't require a Master Chef.  These two were fun and easy.


We made beetles using black olives, cream cheese and crackers.


And string cheese ghosts with sunflower seed eyes.

Other good ideas can be found here (I especially like the watermelon brain!).  
Happy Halloween Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the watermelon brain too. It kinda creeped me out though. The beetle crackers look good, we made lady bugs similar to that, they were tasty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those beetles! Enough that I think I'm going to make some for my boys for Thanksgiving. :-)

    ReplyDelete