So my plans for what I will make with my little gems are already forming in my head. Last year, I made Strawberry-Basil Jam, most of which went in Christmas gifts, but this year I don't know that I can part with all those gorgeous jars of sweetness.
Here are some ideas for preserving this little slice of summer.
Strawberry pureed cubes
Homemade Strawberry Ice cream
- Look under leaves for berries
- Pick fully ripe berries, any size
- Handle berries gently
- Don't pile berries too high
- Protect berries from sun and heat
- Refrigerate berries loosely covered
- Don't wash until ready to use
- Strawberries generally keep for 2 to 3 days (if you can resist them)